Through the MyGov portal you can register as a Contractor or Homeowner which will allow you to submit permit applications, upload plans for review, follow review comments, print your permit after approval, schedule inspections, view inspection results and pay all applicable fees.
Customers will need to register online before being able to apply for permits through the portal. Navigate to our MyGov.us page to start the registration process.**
** EXISTING CUSTOMERS -We have recently upgraded our MyGov so you will be asked to upgrade your account as well. When prompted, do not create a new account, simply click login and proceed with your previous login information to upgrade your account.
If you are unable to submit an application due to the address not being in the MyGov system, submit the Address Request form below with a site plan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: try searching by the Galveston County ID to find the location record.
Click the title above for more information on Planning and Zoning applications.
Need a new address or existing address added to MyGov?
Request an Address Request / Correction in the Licenses Module of MyGov. A location is not required to submit. For properties with multiple address, a site plan is required!
Frequently Used Forms - Permit & Inspections
Frequently Used Forms - Fire Marshal
- Cooking Hood and Special Fire Extinguishing System (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Sprinkler System (PDF)
- Fire Alarm Sprinkler System Permit Application (PDF)
- Fire Inspection Request Application
- Fire Watch and Hot Work Permit (PDF)
- Fireworks Application Requirements (PDF)
- Fireworks Display Application (PDF)
- Fuel Storage Tank Construction (PDF)
- Fumigation Permit (PDF)
- Oil and Gas Well Drilling and Ops Application (PDF)
- Pipeline New Construction Application (PDF)
- Pipeline Registration Renewal Application (PDF)
- Propane System Installation Application (PDF)
- Propane System Installation Guide (PDF)
- Right of Way Construction Application (PDF)
- Tent Permit (PDF)