Court-Issued Warrants

Issuing Warrants

The court may issue a warrant when:

  • You fail to enter a plea to violations shown on your citation
  • You fail to comply with an order of the court
  • You do not complete a payment plan or fail to make payments as promised.

Note: A "Safe Haven" non-arrest policy is in place at Municipal Courts.

Failure to Appear

If you fail to appear on or before the appearance date for your citation, a violation of failure to appear/violate promise to appear may be filed against you. In addition, the court may:  

  • Issue a warrant for your arrest 
  • Add additional fees per violation
  • Place a hold on your driver's license renewal 
  • Publish your name in the newspaper and/or the City of Dickinson website. 

Failure to Meet an Order of The Court

If you have appeared before a judge and have agreed to a payment plan, community service, or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders as specified or a warrant may be issued for your arrest.

Resolving a Warrant

Your warrant may be canceled by pleading "no contest" or "guilty" to the violation(s) and making payment for the fine(s). Find more information on the Fines and Payments page.

If you want to plead not guilty to a violation after an arrest warrant has been issued, you may post a cash bond or surety bond (attorney bond or bail bond). Bail Bonds can only be accepted by a police officer at the Dickinson Police Department. Any bond can be taken at the Dickinson Police Department outside of regular court business hours. 

Cash Bond 

This money must be paid in the form of cash, cashiers check, or money order (credit cards may be accepted at the Dickinson Police Department for cash bonds.) You will receive receipt of your cash bond which will indicate a court date. 

Surety Bond 

A local bondsman or a lawyer usually provides this bond. The Surety may give a bond for your release. Once the bond is received you will receive a court date from either the court clerk or jail personnel. 

Getting Specific Information About Outstanding Warrants

To find out whether you have an outstanding warrant, you may call our office at 281-337-6297, or the Dickinson Police Department at 281 337-4700. You will need to know your driver's license number or ticket number to better expedite your call. As an alternative to being arrested, you may turn yourself into the Dickinson Police Department to set the fine out.