The Chaplain Corp offers guidance and assistance to people in crisis experiences. It also serves as a link for communication between people in crises and their own spiritual advisers.
The Police Chaplains are appointed by the Chief of Police to be an aid to the Police Officers and the community, to provide spiritual guidance, counseling, and comfort in times of crisis.
Access the staff directory to see the Chaplains for the Dickinson Police Department.
Law enforcement chaplains do some or all of the following:
- Counsel law enforcement officers
- Counsel other members of a department
- Counsel the families of law enforcement officers and other department personnel
- Visit sick or injured officers and departmental personnel in homes and hospitals
- Make death notifications
- Provide assistance to victims
- Serve as part of a department's Crisis Response Team
- Assist at suicide incidents
- Serve as liaison with other clergy in the community
- Provide for the spiritual needs of prisoners
- Furnish expert responses to religious questions
- Offer prayers at special occasions such as recruit graduations, awards ceremonies, and dedication of buildings