The Planning & Zoning Commission was formed by the City Council through the adoption of the City of Dickinson's Zoning Ordinance. The following items are the responsibilities of the Planning & Zoning Commission:
- Hear testimony on behalf of applicants and consider the facts, findings, and recommendation of the zoning official;
- Consider the interests of the public related to the public health, safety, morals and general welfare;
- Identify the appropriateness of requested map and text amendments considering conformance with the adopted zoning regulations, official zoning district map, and land use policies;
- Make recommendations to the city council, in the form of a final report, related to approval or denial of an application;
- Perform other such duties and be vested with such powers as the city council shall from time to time prescribe.
If you have any interest in serving on the Commission, please contact our City Secretary for more information at 281-337-6217.