City of Dickinson to Host Multiple Open Houses for Residents to Actively Participate in the Parks, Trails, and Recreation Master Plan Being Drafted
Dickinson, TX - March 2, 2023 - The City of Dickinson Parks, Trails, and Recreation Master Plan will be hosting two open houses this month to allow residents an opportunity to provide invaluable input as to what the future of parks and recreation look like for our community.
The city has partnered with Kendig Keast Collaborative to create the City's Master Parks & Recreation plan. Based on public outreach in December, as well as numerous meetings with a citizen committee that was comprised of residents, business owners, developers, and city planning and zoning officials, Kendig Keast Collaborative has drafted sections of the plan.
Those initial findings will be presented for residents to comment on using the following activities and stations:
- The Presentation area will be a viewing of a Master Plan Overview with an opportunity for comments.
- The Goals station will have goals posted on the wall and a place for attendees to add comments and rank the goals.
- The Park Inventory Input table will have information on existing features at each park site and a place for comments on upgrades residents would like to see, as well as any “missing pieces” that would enhance each park and other site-specific feedback.
- The Project Priorities station will have priorities posted on the wall and a place for attendees to add comments and rank the project priorities.
- The Administration Priorities station with priorities posted on the wall and a place for attendees to add comments and rank the priorities.
- The Connectivity Opportunities table will have a map of the city, area parks, and other key landmarks and destinations for attendees to mark potential trail alignments, gaps to fill in the sidewalk network, and other opportunities to make connections between individual parks, neighborhoods, and other places in the city.
"The City is long overdue for establishing a Parks & Recreation department for our citizens," said Mayor Sean Skipworth. "Parks are a sign of a healthy community, and we want to be able to provide our residents with recreational opportunities while increasing property values and spurring the local economy."
The open houses will be held on Tuesday, March 21st, from 4 PM to 6 PM and Tuesday, March 28th, from 4 PM to 6 PM in Council Chambers at City Hall (4403 Hwy 3, Dickinson, TX 77539).
For those who are unable to attend the open houses, we will also have the stations available for additional public participation at the Dickinson Public Library the afternoon of March 22nd through the morning of March 28th.
For questions regarding the Parks & Recreation Plan, please contact the City's Senior Planner, Yvonne Briscoe, at (281) 337-2253 or firstname.lastname@example.org.