The Dickinson Historic Railroad Center is owned by the City of Dickinson, Texas. It is comprised of the Dickinson Railroad Depot, the League City Railroad Depot, and the grounds surrounding those depots. It includes any artifacts, objects, displays, benches, or other physical devices or equipment associated with the grounds.
The Dickinson Depot sat along the railroad tracks not far from Highway 3 and FM 517 East. The Dickinson Depot was part of the Galveston, Houston, and Henderson (G, H and H) Railroad Line, which was one of the earliest railroads in Texas. Chartered in 1853, the G, H&H was one of the oldest lines in Texas to retain its original charter name and the first railroad to reach the Texas Gulf Coast. The line gained financial stability in 1882 under the ownership and empire of Jay Gould.